Sweden;s famous Ice Hotel is one of the many wonders of the world. The main ice building is re-created every year using water from the Torne river in the village of Jukkasjarvi. In November 2016, the Ice Hotel will open ICEHOTEL 365, a brand new building that will house ice accommodation all year round! Using natural energy from the sunlight, ICEHOTEL 365 will be a new concept allowing you to visit the Ice Hotel in the height of the summer.
To achieve this there is a lot os skill and preparation involved, lets take a look at the numbers:
- 875 m2 of solar panels installed to run the Ice Hotel during the summer months
- 2100 m2 – the size of the new Ice Hotel 365 building
- 1000 cubic metres of nice (snow and ice mixture) is enough to make 20 million snowballs!
- 9 Deluxe Suites with ensuite bathroom and sauna
- 11 Art Suites, custom made by artists all over the world
- 365 – the number of days a year the new building will be open
- -5 degrees Celsius / 21 degrees Fahrenheit – the room temperature
- 24/7 – in summer the intense mid-night sun shines for 100 days and 100 nights without setting!